CELL GROUP LAUNCH APPLICATION
TO LIVE OUT THE GOSPEL IN LOVE, IN TRUTH, AND IN GRACE
At GEM, we encourage everyone to belong to a cell group. Cell group is not a place where people come to be served but a community where people come to serve others. The goal of cell group is three-fold. To live out the Gospel in Love, in Truth, and in Grace.
1. a place where you help others grow in love
2. a place where you help others grow in truth
3. a place where you help others grow in grace
The Great Commandment (Matt 22:36-40; Mark 12:28-31; Luke 10:27) given by our Lord Jesus Christ is to love God and love others. Apostle Paul states in 1 Cor 13:13, “But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.” This means that everyone should grow in love so that we become more like Jesus Christ. That being the case, we need to belong to a small group where we can love and be loved. We cannot fulfill the Great Commandment to love another as a lone-ranger Christian by ourselves so we need to belong to a cell group. At GEM, we want to have many different kinds of cell groups to meet the diverse needs of our community. The world needs to see a community that loves one another. We believe that as our faith community lives out The Great Commandment, we can better witness to the world and fulfill The Great Commission to make disciples (John 13:34-35).
How can I launch a new cell group?
1. Become a member of GEM by taking New Life, New Family and Pathway to Cell courses (you can still sign up as a leader, as long as you started taking the courses).
2. Fill out the below online cell group launch application
3. One of the pastors will review your application and contact you to set an interview to learn more about you and your planned cell group (also you will be asked to sign a leader’s covenant)